Sunday, April 29, 2007

Vegetable Matter

Nice family time this weekend. We went out to Davis, and as usual, I am amazed by the way things grow out there. It's really quite astonishing. I took a walk this morning out to the community garden on 5th, and snooped around everyone's beds, to see what they were growing this spring.

Someone had posted a sign:
"Please do not steal our vegetables. We have called the police and they have confirmed that they will prosecute theft of our vegetables."

I'm sure there are lots of funny things that could be said about that, but it made me sad. Not only that someone would steal another person's vegetables, but that a person would be so possessive of their community dirt that they called the police about it.

I really need to get my camera working again. This would have been better with a picture in it.

No comments: