Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Second Life University?

There seems to be a big surge in educational institutions trying to get into Second Life. The San Jose State library school opened their online campus last year (search the map in SL for "SJSU SLIS"), and tomorrow, Santa Clara University is doing the same ("Santa Clara Island").

I don't really get the appeal myself yet, but if you're into that sort of thing, you can come check out the California Legacy folks doing some readings from our radio show on the new virtual campus at 11am and 12:30pm. (For more info on the SCU SL virtual campus, check out the SCU announcement.) I'll be there as "Jejunet" - my Second Life name is a mashing together of my real life moniker. (I've always been amused that "jejune" (definition) could be easily made from my name by dropping a few letters. )

They did make us some spiffy California Legacy t-shirts to wear, too. Just in SL, though. Pity.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Excellent to see you back posting on the interwebs, Ms. Teeter.