Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Yarn Succulence

Have been in a knitting frenzy the past couple of days. The ginormous scarf for my grandfather is halfway done, and I'm already letting myself think about other Christmas things, and telling myself that I really OUGHT to finish the Scarf of Awesome that I started for my mom, oh, a year ago.

The thing is, I panicked that I didn't have enough yarn, and I couldn't decide what to put WITH it, so... it's been languishing, about a quarter complete. It really is going to be beautiful. If I ever decide to finish it.

When I moved into the cottage, I put Succulent Wild Woman back on the bathroom shelf - it lived there 2 apartments ago, but I just hadn't been feeling whimsical the last couple of years. But here we are, big life change, yadda yadda, so back it went.

And this morning, after a bit of reading, I really wanted to CREATE. Which is what led to the thoughts about Mom's scarf-to-be. And I was all ready to walk out the door, down the street to the yarn store (where I am proud to say I have not been since I moved here, even though it is only about 4 blocks away). (Proud only for budgetary reasons, you understand.)

And then I looked down at the outfit I was wearing and realized I probably shouldn't leave the house like this. Maybe I'll finish up Grandpa's big blue scarf instead.

No comments: