Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Quietness next to... cleanliness?

The problem I have with blogging these days is... I'm trying to exercise the "if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all" restraint. And that plus "things I don't want on the internet right now" -- well, they are really limiting my capacity for monologue.

I mean, I could talk about my cats some more, but really, no one wants that.

So I will just say... having spent the weekend helping my grandparents make their already-clean house even cleaner, I am looking around my apartment and noticing afresh what a sty it is. And trying to rally up the energy to do something about it. The problem is, once you let it get bad, it takes so much energy to restore it to presentable state. It's one of the problems of living alone, I guess. No one to clean up for but myself.

But given that I'll be downgrading the size of my living space very soon, I'd better take a stab at more preventative maintenance.

ETA: I was talking to Kristin this week, and she's been going through something remarkably similar. That makes me feel a little better.

No comments: