Thursday, November 15, 2007

Emotional Hangover

I can only describe today's headache as an emotion hangover from yesterday. It wasn't a deliberate overdose, but man, it was a rough day.

I'm still recovering, but I am functional now. Chipping away at my to-do list, for pretty much the first time this week. It's kind of a long one, but making process is good. I feel a little better now.

Also, the results of my poor impulse control are in - I made a scarf. No, this one isn't on my list of things to do. I needed to channel my anxiety into something else. I used enormous yarn on big needles, so it only took a couple of hours over 2 days to make. Actually, I was really glad to have something to do with my hands during yesterday's board meeting. I was coping pretty well until I finished the scarf entirely - the last 20 minutes I was shaking like a leaf. Next time, I'll bring a backup project.

Anyway, there it is. It's toasty warm, which is good, since my neck is all wacked out with tension headache funtime.



Man, I need a haircut.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

1) your hair is cute, 2) the scarf is also way cute, and 3) I'm sorry again about the emotional turmoil that is causing the headaches!