Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Nakedness Averted

My shawl is almost done. Once again, under the wire - note that last time I tried to finish this shawl on a deadline... well, obviously I missed it, since I'm finishing it up now. But this time, all is knitted, ends are woven in, and I have only the blocking to do before I can wear it on Saturday.

Okay, I wouldn't really have been naked without it, but at an outdoor wedding in SF, I would have been cold. Even, or maybe especially, in July.

It's about, oh 20" wide and 4' long? Just at a guess? It could be longer, and I do in fact have one more skein of this lovely purple-and-brown boucle yarn... but I'm out of time. I've been telling myself that I can always un-knot the end and add more later. Meanwhile, it's long enough to be wearable, so I'm going with that.

I still have stupid camera problems, so I haven't been able to take a photograph. And the name of the yarn is escaping me at the moment, so I can't even show you that. It's something I got 6 months or so ago on clearance at Knitting Arts (which is about to become my VERY local yarn store, since it will be all of 4-5 blocks away from my new abode). Yay for yarn sales! One of my biggest budget concerns for my year of unemployment is that I'm going to live walking distance from a yarn store. Danger! Danger!

No comments: